Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 03-17-2012, 9:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.
Default Where to get load data for 460gr 50 AE + ?

Hello.

I am getting into reloading because I have a deagle in 44 and will be getting the 50 AE barrel hopefully soon but for now I am looking to start building rounds in 50 AE and 44 mag. The problem I am having is that there is a guy that makes his own 50 AE rounds and they are hella cool but I can find no load data for them. I think he said he had load data for it but it came from a program called quickload or something like that. These rounds are MASSIVE. 400 GR 3/8" BB tipped JHP and even some 600 GR BEAST Saber Tipped bullets + some other 400GR+ frangible (#8 shot) tipped monkey hunting I dunno whatterz.

Without killing myself is there a way to verify the numbers he gives me for this stuff or can I check it somewhere with other numbers? I am having some small issues getting load data for H110 on the 240GR Rainier bullets but I will look a bit harder for that. Is there any online load database that can be checked out also? I did not see a really big selection at handloads.org

Thanks in advance.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 03-18-2012 at 2:23 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 PM

I have been loading some old Westcoast plated 240 grain bullets I had put away with 23.5 grains of H110 with pretty good results. These are 44 by the way. The heaviest promos I have loaded for the 50AE have been 350 grain. Would like to see what your buddy has been loading up with the heavier projos. Off the top of head I have been using 32 grains of H110 for the 300 grain 50AE rounds.
Old 03-18-2012, 2:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Http://www.stillyvision.com/files/501.jpg

Http://www.stillyvision.com/files/502.jpg

I got several on the way but no way to load them up it seems. I will have to ask him for info for it I think but it would be nice to be able to get it elsewhere.

Westcoast plated 240 grain is similar to the rainier ballistics 240gr plated HP I am thinking.

Have you chronoed them yet and has the barrel been fine? They will be shot outta my deagle.

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Westcoast plated is now extreme bullets I think. I bought these way back in 2001 I believe. Both the 44 and 50AE are shot out of deagle also. If you are close enough you are welcome to come shoot some out of my deagle so you can see how well they shoot.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM

After looking into those heavier projos they seem to be geared towards the 50 beowolf rounds. The heaviset I have seen for the 50AE has been 350 grain. Still interested in the data for those heavier rounds.

The westcoast projos I use are just like rainers.
Old 03-20-2012, 1:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks. I might take you up on that offer once I build a few smaller ones.

I bought them because they were listed as being for 50 AE and 500 S&W and 50 Beowulf...

Me not really being into reloading at the time thought it was cool but then later I was wondering why bullets were not on any of the lists.

Quickload might be able to spit them out maybe. He had a way so I guess I will ask him about it.